INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Under certain conditions it is the duty of the Pool & Spa Operator, as required by Baltimore County Law, to close a swimming facility for the safety of its patrons. The following policy is and outline of Glyndon Club’s inclement weather closing procedures.
Temporary Restriction of Swimming Privileges
• The operator on duty shall close the swimming area if the air temperature on the grounds of Glyndon Club drops below 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
• In the instance of rain, it is the operator’s duty to close the swimming area if the two main drains in the deep area of the pool cannot be seen when viewed from the lifeguard chair.
• In the case of thunder, the swimming area must be closed for ½ hour upon hearing the event.
• In the case of lightning, the swimming area must be closed for 1 hour upon seeing the event.
• In the case of other severe inclement weather that interferes with the ability to lifeguard the pool (i.e. hail, tornado, etc.), it is the pool operator’s responsibility to use their discretion in closing the water to swimmers.
Complete Closure of Pool Grounds
• The operator on duty shall close the entire Club facility if damage is done to the pool or club area, which in turn makes the club unsafe for its patrons until further repair or maintenance.
• In the case of a prolonged storm, which clears the pool grounds of all members and patrons, the manager has the discretion to close the club until the current weather situation changes. However, it is the manager’s responsibility to remain in the adjacent geographic area to ensure that he/she is able to promptly re-open the pool if the aforementioned inclement weather dissipates.
The policy stated above is dictated by the rules and regulations of Baltimore County Law, Baltimore County Pool & Spa Health Regulations, and the Board of Directors of Glyndon Swim Club.
In the event of unexpected delay or temporary closure of all or part of our facility or grounds due to the above regulations we will not refund daily admission charges or alter season rates. All sales are final. We apologize for any inconvenience.