Session 1: 6/17-6/28 10-11AM
Session 2: 7/8-7/19 10-11AM
Children must be kindergarten-age or older to be registered. The non-refundable fees are as follows:
Member: $60 first child/$50 each additional child
Non-members: $80 first child/$75 each additional child
The lessons are taught by our lifeguards according to Red Cross guidelines. If you have any questions regarding your child’s readiness for lessons please see one of our guards.
ABOUT OUR POOL
Welcome to the 2019 season at the Glyndon Pool. We are very excited to kick off a season of fun and hope you will join us for another great summer. This marks our 89th year of operation, and we have several upgrades to the pool’s facilities which should make the pool even better than ever! A 3rd support pole and net will be set up to help isolate the volleyball activity. In addition, the slide will have several features to improve safety. We will once again provide WiFi services to our members and guests. Just ask your lifeguard for the code.
Jennifer Harrison will manage the pool this season. She has many years of experience at the pool, including managing the Snack Shack. This year, Jen will manage both the pool and Snack Shack. Please welcome her, as well as our returning guards. Feel free to bring any concerns or suggestions to her attention.
Our 2019 season will begin on Saturday, May 25, and will end on Monday, September 2.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
*Stockholders Meeting May 10th 6:30PM at Glyndon Fire Hall
*Teen Night 6/7 (13 and up).
*Family Night 6/21.
*Our annual July 4th celebration. There will be games and activities throughout the afternoon.
*Teen Night 7/19 (13 and up).
*Adult-only crab feast 8/3.
*Teen Night 8/16 (13 and up).
*Family Night 8/30.
Monday – Thursday 11:30 AM – 8:00 PM
Friday 11:30 AM – 9:00 PM
Saturday 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Sunday 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
*On Labor Day Monday, the pool will close at 7 PM
PLEASE NOTE: Staff reserves the right to close the pool if the temperature falls below 70 degrees due to Health Department guidelines. It also reserves the right to alter pool hours at the end of the season based upon lifeguard availability and Baltimore County School Schedules.
2019 INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Under certain conditions it is the duty of the Pool & Spa Operator, as required by Baltimore County Law, to close a swimming facility for the safety of its patrons. The following policy is and outline of Glyndon Club’s inclement weather closing procedures.
Temporary Restriction of Swimming Privileges
• The operator on duty shall close the swimming area if the air temperature on the grounds of Glyndon Club drops below 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
• In the instance of rain, it is the operator’s duty to close the swimming area if the two main drains in the deep area of the pool cannot be seen when viewed from the lifeguard chair.
• In the case of thunder, the swimming area must be closed for ½ hour upon hearing the event.
• In the case of lightning, the swimming area must be closed for 1 hour upon seeing the event.
• In the case of other severe inclement weather that interferes with the ability to lifeguard the pool (i.e. hail, tornado, etc.), it is the pool operator’s responsibility to use their discretion in closing the water to swimmers.
Complete Closure of Pool Grounds
• The operator on duty shall close the entire Club facility if damage is done to the pool or club area, which in turn makes the club unsafe for its patrons until further repair or maintenance.
• In the case of a prolonged storm, which clears the pool grounds of all members and patrons, the manager has the discretion to close the club until the current weather situation changes. However, it is the manager’s responsibility to remain in the adjacent geographic area to ensure that he/she is able to promptly re-open the pool if the aforementioned inclement weather dissipates.
The policy stated above is dictated by the rules and regulations of Baltimore County Law, Baltimore County Pool & Spa Health Regulations, and the Board of Directors of Glyndon Swim Club.
In the event of unexpected delay or temporary closure of all or part of our facility or grounds due to the above regulations we will not refund daily admission charges or alter season rates. All sales are final. We apologize for any inconvenience.